|ColdAlert Forecast for Sussex|
|Start Time||23:00 Thursday 17 January 2019|
|End Time||12:00 Thursday 24 January 2019|
|Current Info||coldAlert: Alert level Forecast cold weather Thurs 17th Jan for 7 days. Heat your home to at least 18 degrees. For more info visit www.coldAlert.info|
|Alert Level||Level 2 – ‘Alert & Ready’|
The service uses information from the national “Cold weather alerts” service that is issued to public authorities and health professionals in Sussex.
The service provides cold weather alerts supplied from the national cold weather warning service at the Met Office.
ColdAlert levels and supporting information
The forecasts are supported by information provided by the Department of Health’s
Cold Weather Plan for England (2015) .
|What the Cold Weather Plan Levels mean (Cold Weather Plan for England 2015)|
|Level 1||Winter preparedness:
– cold weather service operational
– prepares individuals and agencies for severe winter conditions
|Level 2||Alert and readiness: Severe winter weather is forecast
– 60% risk of severe cold lasting more than 48 hours in the following days
– Prepare individuals and agencies for impact of severe conditions
|Level 3||Response to severe winter weather: Severe weather action
– Severe winter weather forecast at Level 2 is now occurring
|Level 4||Major incident: Emergency response
– Exceptionally severe weather or threshold temperatures breached for more than six days.
– Winter weather is so severe, prolonged or widespread that emergency service response is actioned.
* Older adults and children with heart or lung problems are at greater risk of symptoms developed as a result of severe cold weather.
For more details go to http://www.coldalert.info/Forecast.aspx