Welcome to Pett on the Net – the Community website for Pett & Pett Level.
This website is provided by Pett Parish Council for the community of Pett and Pett Level. If you want to post a news item of interest to the community, publicise an event, your group, society, or organisation, or report or comment on local events, then please contact Mary Philo
Any views expressed on this website are not necessarily those of Pett Parish Council or the webmaster.
If you are visiting, or planning to visit, Pett and Pett Level, this is our website where you will find information about the area, including latest events, church services, local history and adverts for local services, including B&B, accommodation, pubs etc. Our Village Magazine, which can be accessed here, also contains local advertisements and other useful information.
21st October 2021 Pett Parish Council Extraordinary Meeting Agenda
It is recommended that facemasks are worn when not speaking
1.1 Establish quorum (LGA1972 sch12, 12/28/45)
1.2 Apologies and reasons for absence. (LGA1972 sch12, 12)
1.3 Declarations of interest and whether prejudicial.
1.4 To consider any requests for dispensations that have been received in writing prior to the agenda date. (Code of Conduct).
Adjournment of the Meeting for Public Time
Questions and comments from the public on items on the agenda.
Reconvening of the Meeting
RR/2021/2053/P Lunsford Farm: Erection of a steel portal framed agricultural building on the edge of the existing farmyard in order to meet agricultural needs of the holding.
Date of next meeting
Tuesday 16th November 7.30pm, Pett Village Hall
PARISH COUNCIL OF
VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR
- In accordance with Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a CASUAL VACANCY has occurred in the office of PARISH COUNCILLOR of the above named Parish (Ward), due to the resignation of Councillor.Judith Dean.
- An election to fill the vacancy will be held if, within 14 days (not counting Saturdays and Sundays and certain days) from the date below, TEN electors for the Parish give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer.
- The name and address of the Returning Officer is:
ROTHER DISTRICT COUNCIL
EAST SUSSEX TN39 3JX
- In accordance with Rule 5(4) of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rules 2006, if the vacancy is not filled by election, it shall be filled by the Parish Council as soon as practicable.
- For further information about the co-option process, which the Parish Council will follow if no valid request for an election is received, please contact the Parish Clerk.
Dated 13th October 2021 Signed M E Philo
Island Cottage Swan Street, Wittersham, Kent TN30 7PH
There is a consultation on strengthening powers to control the dangerous use of watercraft. If you wish to respond please do so before the deadline of 1 November.
Please be aware that the following works will be carried out:-
Temporary Road Closure
C23 Chick Hill, Pett from the property known as More Cottage to the property known as Windsong, a distance of 115 metres.
To allow BT Openreach to replace a decayed pole.
Works anticipated to take place from 20 October 2021 to 22 October 2021
C23 Pett Road / Friars Hill – A259(T) Winchelsea Road – A259 Rye Road / Old London Road – C92 Fairlight Road / Battery Hill / Pett Level Road and vice versa.
Advance warning signs will be placed on site advising of actual date of works.
If you need to discuss this further please contact:
BT Openreach on 02476642814