(Grateful thanks to Mary Windsor and Fran Rogers for supplying many of the photographs on this page.)

Military Pett

Pett Home Guard c1942 – Members

Jack Brett   Dave Morris   Tom Burt   Percy Hollingsworth   —–   Nelson Bateup   Bob Sinden   Charlie  Barden   —–

Fred Butler   Hutchins   Owen   Clarence Osborne   Fred Glazier  Jarvis   George Glazier   Denny Colgate   Vic.Cooke   Bill Cloke   John Glazier   Wally Simmons

Fred Dennis   Mackay   Fred Turner   Bert Goodsell   —–   Major Aluis   Eddie Hann   Henry Jury   Bill Freeman   Norman Colgate

Stuka Divebomber that crash landed in Pett – 1940

Pett Artillery Guns

The Gun Shed, Pett Road

From Zoe Vahey’s booklet  ‘A History of Pett’

‘The brick built shed in the field next to the  Two Sawyers  (opposite Fairlight End)  housed the gun of the local corps, of  the Cinque Ports Division of the Sussex Artillery Volunteers.  This appears to have been disbanded around 1908.   The team of volunteers under Co.  Dennett won a shield at Shoeburyness  and a billiard table which they had to sell as they couldn’t get it home.’

Views of Pett in days gone by from the Church Steeple

Pett – drawing from 1836

The old garage in Pett

A selection of photos of old Pett

History of Pett

Two Sawyers-Jackson