Annual Virtual Parish Meeting of Pett and Pett Level
Tuesday 20th April 2021 7.30pm
Please use the following link to join the zoom meeting at 7.15pm
Please note that the meeting will be recorded
- The Chairman will read out a message of condolence in respect of the passing of HRH The Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh
- Apologies for absence
- To approve as a true record and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting Minutes of 19th March 2019. The scheduled meeting for the 17th March 2020 was cancelled due to covid-19
- To take note of any matters arising from those minutes
- Parish Council Chairman’s Report (David Penfold)
- Open Forum – an opportunity for those attending to speak on issues concerning the parish.
- Date of next meeting: To be confirmed
Meeting called by David Penfold Chairman to Pett Parish Council
Our thoughts are with the Royal Family today
The council contractor has cut the recreation ground. The cricket club finish getting the strip ready.
In April we were able to reopen the Community Library for the first time since November. We were blessed with beautiful, dry, if chilly weather and were delighted to see so many people. Getting the tables and books set up outside certainly warmed us up but it was all worthwhile to be able to have a good catch up with so many smiling faces. As well as enjoying some quieter moments in the sunshine.
Jane was there with a great array from the jigsaw library and Heather created a colourful and busy corner with Knit for Peace and the stunning jackets that have been made. Unfortunately, the Coffee Morning was not able to restart, but we hope for good news soon.
In May, we will be setting up again outside, back to our usual day on the first Wednesday of the month, so 5th May, 10 – 12., assuming that the health restrictions continue to be eased. So do come and browse the books, even if you haven’t been before; we’d love to see you. Bring your knitting and ideas for a new project. If you have jigsaws to return, we will take those as well, but Jane and Pett Puzzles will not be with us in May. If you would like a new jigsaw, please phone Jane Sweaney on 07788 410342. You can then collect it from her or Jane is happy to deliver – or you can pick it up at the library on 5th May. We look forward to seeing you in May and hope for another sunny but warmer day.
Anna and Vivien
|Did you know that everyone in East Sussex can now get a free, rapid test to check they’re virus-free?
You can book regular tests (twice a week is recommended) at a range of pharmacies across Sussex if you have no symptoms.
You can also collect kits to test yourself at home. Results from these lateral flow tests are ready in 30 minutes.
Because one in three people with the virus have no symptoms, you may be spreading it to people around you without realising. Regular testing, and self-isolating if positive, is the best way to stop this.
We are back!! Wednesday 14th April, 10 – 12. We have to continue outside, so let’s hope for fine weather. And please observe social distancing and other health rules. We so look forward to seeing you.
Anna and Vivien
Pett Parish Council, on behalf of the communities of Pett and Pett Level in East Sussex, offers its condolence and sympathy to Her Majesty The Queen and other members of the Royal Family on the death of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
A book of condolence would have been made available to residents but in line with national guidance this will no longer happen. Residents are encouraged to leave their tributes on the national e-book of condolence at the Royal Household website which can be found at https://www.royal.uk/
- Sussex travel: your evening update for Sunday, October 17 17th October 2021 Sam Dixon-French
- Sussex weather: your forecast for Sunday, October 17 17th October 2021 Sam Dixon-French
- Hastings Bonfire In Pictures 17th October 2021 Andy Hemsley
- Close friend of Dame Vera Lynn pays tribute to ‘true gentleman’ Sir David Amess, who chaired committee for memorial statue 17th October 2021 Sam Dixon-French
- Rye (Harbour) Tide Times for 17th October 2021Tide Times & Heights for Rye (Harbour) on 17th October 202109:54 - High Tide (4.48m)22:37 - High Tide (4.65m)
All links will open in a new window: