Pett Village Hall Opening and Closing Procedures Check List
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tim Rothwell 07850 469314 email@example.com
Before admitting the public please ensure:
- All exit doors are unlocked, any fastenings removed, and the push bar mechanism tested and in good working order.
- Any door on an escape route is not opening in the direction of travel.
- Escape routes are free from obstruction and available for use.
- Fire doors are closed, not wedged or propped open.
- Fire fighting equipment is in place and unobstructed.
- There are no combustibles stored in areas open to the public.
- Exit signs are illuminated and not obscured.
- There is no obvious fire hazard in, or near, the building.
At the end of the function, PLEASE:
- Wipe all table surfaces, chairs and kitchen worktops clean of any drink or foodstuffs.
- Replace tables in area provided in lobby.
- Stack chairs no more than 10 high, and place in area provided in lobby.
- If used, ensure Kitchen floor is swept and mopped.
- If used, ensure Main Hall floor is swept and any spills cleaned with WATER ONLY.
- If used, hoover Catharine Hollman Room.
- Check all rooms, including toilets and disabled toilet, remove ALL waste and rubbish from inside and outside the premises after the event.
- Ensure taps are turned off in kitchen, toilets and disabled toilet.
- Ensure all electrical appliances, including cooker, water heater, except the refrigeratorand freezer, are turned off.
- Search for any smouldering fires, cigarettes or vapes left burning around the exteriorof the building.
- Secure all windows and external doors, except main door. Close all internal doors.Switch off all lights. Set the alarm and lock the entrance door. Check it is locked.
- Return the key to key safe, close it and jumble up the numbers on key safe.