The draft minutes of the meeting of the Pett Village Hall Management Committee held on Monday 4 March can be read here
A few points to note:
- A fire inspection report on the Village Hall has been undertaken. This is available to read at the Village Hall. The Hall has been given pretty much a clean bill of health and only a few action points need to be undertaken. The report has not identified any problems in respect of the the potential use of the Gallery at the Hall by the proposed Archive and Resources (ARC) Centre.
- Bookings for the Village Hall are coming in regularly – there are bookings on every week day (although some time slots are available) and there are only 19 days at the weekends (including 5 in August) when there are no bookings. The latest diary of bookings can be found here
- We have had some recent problems with the heating, and so it has been decided to replace all the manifolds which should make the system much more reliable. We are also considering installing a back-up system of quartz heaters.
- A meeting was held with Openreach on the day after the meeting, and good progress is being made in arranging for the installation of a telephone line and therefore WiFi in the Village Hall.
- The AGM of the PVMHC will be held on Monday 13 May.
Tim Rothwell, Chair, PVHMC