Parish Council of Pett
VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR
- In accordance with Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a CASUAL VACANCY has occurred in the office of PARISH COUNCILLOR of the above named Parish (Ward), due to the resignation of Councillor Stuart Ware.
- An election to fill the vacancy will be held if, within 14 days (not counting Saturdays and Sundays and certain days) from the date below, TEN electors for the Parish give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer. If an election is called, it will take place no earlier than May 2021 in accordance with Section 58 of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and subsequent Regulations.
- The name and address of the Returning Officer is:
ROTHER DISTRICT COUNCIL
EAST SUSSEX TN39 3JX
- In accordance with Rule 5(4) of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rules 2006, if the vacancy is not filled by election, it shall be filled by the Parish Council as soon as practicable.
- For further information about the co-option process, which the Parish Council will follow if no valid request for an election is received, please contact the Parish Clerk.
Dated 22nd July 2020 Signed..M E Philo
Address: Island Cottage, Swan Street, Wittersham, Kent TN30 7PH