The Met Office have issued a Level 2 Cold Weather Alert from 0600 hrs 3/12/19 to 0900 hrs 5/12/19. View the full warning at the Met Office Cold Weather Alert site.
Cold weather can affect your health. The people most likely to be affected are the elderly, the very young, and people with pre-existing medical conditions.
If you know or look after someone that may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period please help make sure that they stay warm and well, and if possible check in advance that they are prepared for this cold spell.
- Stay tuned in to weather forecasts
- Check room temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer
- Keep warm and active and if you have to go out dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others please alert the emergency services.
For more information:
- Met Office Cold Weather Alert
- NHS Keep Warm Keep Well leaflet
- WSCC Dealing with extreme weather
- WSCC Preparing for emergencies
- WSCC Report a road and footway issue
- WSCC Safer Seasons: Winter
- Follow WSCC on Twitter for regular updates @WSCCNews @WSCCResilience @wspublichealth
If you’re interested in joining Neighbourhood Watch, or want to find out more, visit www.sussexnwfed.org.uk or send an email to .