The Pett Village Hall Management Committee at their meeting on Monday 5 November agreed to a request from OneYou East Sussex, part of Public Health England, for OneYou to hold free NHS health checks at Pett Village Hall. The checks are only available to those aged 40-74, and there are also certain eligibility criteria, set out below, that must be met before a check can take place.
The first sessions will be held at the Village Hall on Wednesday 5 December 2018 (the same day as the Coffee Morning) starting at 9.00am. It is expected that up to five or so appointments will be available, so it is first come, first served. If it is not possible to accommodate everyone who wants a health check on 5 December, and there is sufficient demand, a further session may be held at a later date.
Appointments must be pre-booked – please contact OneYou East Sussex on 01323 404600 to make on appointment for 5 December.
The checks will be held in the Doctor’s Room at the Village Hall and will take place in the strictest privacy and confidence.
The eligibility criteria for the health checks are:
- You must be a resident of East Sussex
- You must be aged 40-74
- You must not already have had or be receiving treatment for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease, high cholesterol or high blood pressure
- You must not have not had a Health Check in the last 5 years.
The check, which will take about half an hour, will:
- Ask some details so OneYou can register you.
- Take your blood pressure and take some measurements such as your height and weight.
- Take a finger prick blood sample to analyze your cholesterol and maybe your blood sugar.
- Ask some questions about you, your lifestyle and your family’s medical history.
- Show you your results and indicate ways that could help you improve them if required.
More information about OneYou and the services they offer can be found at http://www.oneyoueastsussex.org.uk